Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Last of the plywood

I had a little time yesterday and managed to remove the last of the interior.  The large bulkhead is too big to get it out of the boat. I will need to sand and paint it inside the boat.

Only the large bulkhead remains inside the boat

Aft look



All that remained after last weekend was the two bulkheads on the starboard side and the head.

The head was removed last weekend

A very nice solid piece of mahogany 


I'm going to start sanding all the solid wood pieces (trim) and the plywood bulkheads this weekend. At the same time I'm going to start removing the old foam for the inside of the hull. Some of the glue is still very sticky and I've been told that the best way to remove it is to let is soak in brown soft soap (covered with plastic) for two weeks. In preparation for this weekend I've purchased an eccentric sander (a Bosh PEX 300 AE), a lot of sanding discs and some varnish remover. I will post a review of the sander once I get to know it a little better.

Bosh PEX 300 AE eccentric grinder and a lot of discs


No comments:

Post a Comment