Monday, September 2, 2013

Almost done removing plywood (interior)

Progress is slow. 

Due to my back/leg problems progress have been very slow. In fact credit for most of the progress since my last post goes my parents. They dropped by this weekend to lend a hand.

Most of the plywood have been removed from the interior. Only two bulkheads remain. I'm considering refurbishing the old bulkheads (instead of spending 1700 USD on marine plywood). If the last two bulkheads are in as good of a condition as the ones I have already removed I'm going to experiment with painting them using Interlux Toplac (also known as International Toplac).





For every piece of plywood thats removed from the boat my living room grows smaller ;-)


I have taken apart two of the six winches. The two I have taken apart are Meissner 10 winches. The rest of the winches are all from Lewmar. All appear to be in good condition and only require cleaning and maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment